Below you find an overview of my publications.
Published articles and books
- Zhang, Z., Nandhakumar, J., Hummel, J.T., & Waardenburg, L. (2020). Addressing the Key Challenges of Developing Machine Learning AI Systems for Knowledge-Intensive Work. MIS Quarterly Executive, 19(4): 221–238.
- Hummel, J.T. (2019). Collaboration and innovation between heterogeneous actors. PhD dissertation. Amsterdam, NL: Rozenberg Publisher. ISBN 978–90–3610–557–6
- Hummel, J.T. & Amiryany Araghy, N. (2015). Determinants of Acquisition Performance: A Multi-Industry Analysis. In C.L. Cooper & S. Finkelstein (Eds.), Advances in mergers and acquisitions, Vol. 14 (pp. 143-169). Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Hummel, J.T, Berends, H., & Tuertscher, P. What Do We Have in Common? Collaboration Between Heterogeneous Organizations for the Development of a Common Infrastructure. Under review at Organization Science.
- Hummel, J.T., & Henfridsson, O. From Change to Generativity: Explaining Evolution of Information Systems in Digital Environments. 2020. Targeted at MIS Quarterly.
- Hummel, J.T, Ansari, S., Berends, H., & Tuertscher, P. Keeping goals relevant. 2020. Targeted at Academy of Management Journal.
- Berends, H., Deken, F., & Hummel, JT. This is not VHS versus Betamax! 2020. The development of platform strategies in home automation. Targeted at Strategic Management Journal.
- Hummel, J.T, Berends, H., & Tuertscher, P. Dimensions and dynamics of open innovation: A systematic review of knowledge flows and system architectures. 2021. Targeted at International Journal of Management Reviews.
- Hummel, J.T., Berends, H., & Tuertscher, P. (2018). Keeping goals relevant in multi-actor collaborations. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2018(1), 17198.
- Berends, H., Deken, F., & Hummel, J.T. 2018. Digitization and the development of platform strategies in home automation. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2018(1), 17745.
- Hummel, J.T., Berends, H., & Tuertscher, P. (2017). What do we have in common? The development of common resources in a meta-organization. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2017(1), 17600.
- Hollen, R.M.A., Van Den Bosch, F.A.J., & Hummel, J.T. (2015). How changes in the organizing and managing of meta-organizations contribute to their performance. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2015(1), 18897.